Tuesday 10 January 2012

Starting Knee Bends

4 January 2012

The second physio session was quicker than the first. Some progress with my ankle flexes and related calf muscle strength. The PT had spoken with the consultant who confirmed that it was ok for her to begin some knee bends. After a few quad exercises, she supported my foot and underneath my knee to try a few bends with her taking control of the movements. The range of movement was still pretty dire unfortunately. She showed us how to do commence some supported heel slide exercises, this time with me working to pull my knee up, with gentle support underneath to help build my confidence. A plastic bag was placed underneath my foot to help my heel to slide up. We were shown how to remove my splint so that I can see properly how the muscles are working when I exercise.

My quads are still not strong enough to support me to try walking without the splint. I am to continue with the exercises as often as possible until next Tuesday, when she will assess me ahead of my next appointment with the consultant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of the Items I've Bought for My Rehab and Recommend