Friday 20 January 2012

Knee Geeks

Knee Geeks
I came across this website shortly after my accident and had been reading it for several weeks. Left to my own devices when my physio appointment was cancelled, I decided to write a post of my own to seek the support of members with similar experiences. Almost immediately, I received responses offering advice and encouragement for my predicament. It was so reassuring to read and some of the feedback has proven extremely helpful already.

One member wrote about the hinge brace she had used once her splint was abandoned. I was relieved to know it was very similar to the one I’d ordered, I had chosen the right one after all! Another member suggested ways to improve my range of motion, in particular, hanging my leg off the bed and letting it bend slowly under its own weight.

I would recommend this forum to anyone with knee injuries. There is a bulletin board for almost every type of injury/problem and also a diary post area where members record their progress, blog style. There is so much helpful information on the threads its invaluable. The support the members offer is honest and because these are real people, who have experienced the highs and lows of recovering from a knee injury, their advice is second to none.

1 comment:

  1. I agree! Knee Geeks has been an invaluable source of both info and suppport. You can read and search all of it anonymously; you only need to register if you want to reply / post your own comments. (webster1661)

    FANTASTIC SITE!

    ReplyDelete

Some of the Items I've Bought for My Rehab and Recommend