Tuesday 15 May 2012

Hardware Removal "Eve"

Hmmm, well this is my last night with a knee full of metal! Got my hospital bag packed this afternoon, ordered the shopping in to cover the next few days, spoiled myself with a take away dinner and had a LONG, luxurious soak in the bath - it could be the last one for a couple of weeks until the staples come out.

Have to admit, I'm not feeling so confident right now. Yesterday, I felt fed up with the whole thing, just wanted to get it over with but at the same time a bit miffed that I have to go through yet another trauma. By today I feel kind of weird. I know the hardware has to come out - I can't bend my knee properly until it does, and its more than time to move on now. I'm not worried about the surgery either but feel a bit scared of the after pain when I come round and how I will manage to get into the house when I'm discharged later that day.

At least I know what to expect - thanks to the helpful posters at KneeGeeks! I guess the wound will hurt for a few days until it starts to heal so I have my pain killers at the ready and plan to sleep through it with the help of my codeine! By all accounts, the pain isn't nearly as bad as it was after the original surgery and once it begins to calm down I will feel (and see) a huge difference in my knee, for the better. Well, the KneeGeeks have been right about most things so far, so here's hoping they're right on this count too.

Wish me luck .... will update as soon as I can write something legible ;)

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with your surgery, I hope all goes well for you and your next post is positive :) Thank you for responding on the comment I left. It helps to speak to someone else that has gone through/going through the same experience. Tomorrow is my 6 week check up, so I am hoping it's a good day for me too. My PT session last night recorded my ROM at 40 degrees and I can do 3 straight leg lifts in a row (with lots of pain) I'm hoping my ortho surgeon is happy with that progress. As I have been trying my little bottom off to increase ROM and quads. I have also been a bit naughty and have been standing in the shower with my cast off, I was so over the plastic bag!! I plan to ask my surgeon about the hip angling thing tomorrow, so will update you when I find out. All the best for tomorrow, I look forward to reading your next post.
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you will see from my latest post, all went well with the hardware removal surgery! Hope you got some good news from your meeting with the docs. I would be happy with 40 degress ROM at 6 weeks, many don't achieve this for quite a bit longer. And it sounds as though you're doing all the right things to work on it too. As your quads build up, you will have more strength to push that ROM further. And 3 straight leg lifts is a great achievement! Really, it took me a while to get those on the go, and even up until my recent op, I was still having to bend the knee slightly to get my leg to lift. Lots of pain when doing it too, so I know what you mean there. Hoping that now the metalwork is out, that will be a bit easier to achieve. Best wishes, Cari

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very much happy to share to every viewers that is reading this,I want to inform the whole public of how I got help for my herpes, I wanted this since 6 months ago, I have also taken treatment from some doctor,few weeks back I came on the net to see if I will be able to get any information as to cure my herpes, on my search I saw various testimony of people who was helped by a great man called Dr Akhigbe and without any hesitation, I contacted him, I wrote to him and and he guided me, I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for me and indeed 3 weeks after I started using the medicine, I was completely happy as it worked for me.I went to the hospital for check up and indeed I was declared negative from my disease, and I also waited again for two weeks and went back to another hospital for check up to be fully sure and to my great surprise I was still declared negative, and I decided to share this great opportunity to those people out there fighting this sickness, You can contact him now for your medicine to cure your diseases, contact his Email;  drrealakhigbe@gmail.com     or     Whatsapp     +2349010754824    website. http://drrealakhigbe.weebly.comDr  Akhigbe also cure diseases like..
    HIV,  Herpes , Cancer,  Chronic Disease,  Asthma ,  Parkinson's disease, Soreness and Injury,  External infection,  Als, progeria, common cold,  multiple sclerosis disease,   Nausea, Vomiting or Diarrhea, Heart Disease, meningitis, Esquizofrenia, Toxoplasmosis, Pulmonary Fibrosis,Diabetes,  Kidney Disease,  Lupus,  Epilepsy,   Stroke,Eczema, Erysipelas, Tetanus,  Eating Disorder,  Back Pain. Osteoporosis etccontact him for your solution.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helpful Information in this post. If any need additional information about knee injury visit our website.

    ReplyDelete

Some of the Items I've Bought for My Rehab and Recommend